MUSIC....MY GREATEST COMPANION!

When I was born,
all the people around me began to sing;
and shared laughter of joyous celebration:
I felt the love tinge zapping all over my body.

Some clapped their hands and others danced;
all my brothers and sisters gathered around me:
and gazed at me with the widest smiles,
never known to grown up people...it was magic!

because a new kid on the block,
had just docked his ship in these earthly shores.
they welcomed and embraced me,
with all tenderness only a new baby could invoke;
and deserves...
I was loved.

I continued to sing and hum many intelligible tunes;
even though my Mama and people around me:
always confused these mystic songs with "baby cries".

Every time I tried to "sing"
they always pushed food inside my mouth;
instead of taking their time to listen carefully,
and to understand my heavenly language.
I was frustrated that everyone,
including my Mama, failed to hear my message;
to hear my songs...

So, I punched the air with my clenched fists,
and kicked so hard with all my fours;
till I fell asleep in a baby rage.
Life came down upon me like a storm,
and happened so fast;

so fast I forgot about all those baby moments;
which kept me so busy and occupied:
with absolutely nothing to worry about,
in this world full of challenges untold!

Life for me as a baby,
was nothing but, a swing of sweet melodies;
I kept hearing in my head,
playing incessantly, over and over again:
till I giggled and clapped my tiny hands,
to the amazement of all the grown-ups;
who witnessed these crazy moments..

I was happy and had fun,
fun beyond any human comprehension:
cause God sent me angels;
which made funny faces that only I could see,
as they played with me.

After years of growing up,
into all different painful situations;
After all the people had given up on me,
to surround my bed with joyful laughter;
every time I wake up each morning:

I looked around to see...
to see, if I could find any consolation,
from anybody still noticing I was still inside the same room;
the same room of the very life,
which accommodated and welcomed me;
with so much fantasy and glitz.

This room had grown so big,
and so huge; into a world full of miseries.
I could not find anybody,
no one at all to sensitize me,
and relish my sad moments;
and turn them into joy:
the joy I once knew as a tiny baby.

Then, like I was in my wildest dreams;
I woke up and wiped the tears from my eyes,
and looked down inside my tired heart;
and to my amazement.... I discovered and found out;
that, at least, not everybody had left me yet...

I still had the Music in my heart,
and the same Music was,
still fervently playing inside my head;
only this time, with much more maturity,
perception, sweet overtones and grace.
then, I realized...

that God hadn't left me at all,
neither those angelic visitors;
who kept me on my toes and on a natural high:
as a nervy baby..

I still had company.
I roared up like a fearless lion,
and laughed and dared the Devil with overcoming joy...

Because Music still remained,
after all these years:
and to this very day..

My Greatest Companion. 

Talking about family ha, what family? Music is the Only Family I've ever known my whole life through! So, you think you can see me when clearly you been gazing upon my voice all along? I am the symphony: the beat, the harmony and the melody.....the finest result of the heavenly passionate orchestra which took place between my mother and father one fine, sweet dark night. I was conceived. Remained in transit for nine long months in my Mom's womb. I was born when my moon and stars lined up one fine day in September month. Only those who can hear the rhythm and rhyme of my words echoing in their ears, can feel me...know Me. All those who think they can see me, don't know Me one bit! I was crafted from the finest  Heavenly shores materials. If you listen very hard, you can still hear those calm waves which gave me life cascading and whisper in eternal vibrations! This too, is Music to my ears.

Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa ©May 1, 2019


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?