I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE DAMN VACCINE!

I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE DAMN VACCINE!

(NB: Click on the link above to watch this chilling video.)

THIS COMMENTARY IS DEDICATED TO MY FRIEND (SINCE YESTERDAY): KINGSLEY!

 Returning from my beloved late Sister's Funeral, Francis Kedibone Seboya at Henley On Klip. After our day's work was done, I dialled a Bolt Taxi to shuttle us back home. We hoped inside Kingsley's ride, I was with my younger brother, Thamsanqa. As usual, a conversation ensued as we greeted each other. After a while later, Kingsley threw the spanner in the works, by saying he and many others; are very skeptical of taking the vaccine. I listened to Kingley's point of view with muted interest as I cogitate and mulled over my pending response. 

Kingsley and I, were simply having a good conversation and not a heated debate where our diametrically opposed views switched blades leaving both of us in a defeated limbo. No. I asked Kingsley which side he was on since in the whole world today, there are only two sides: Coronavirus and Covid Vaccine where death sits on the fence. 

I also told Kingsley that I belonged in the 99 Percenter of people who embrace the Science and choose life over death (receive the jab): than the 1 Percenter of skeptics who choose to live in blind faith ignoring the Science and downplaying the dangers of Covid-19. The 1 Percenters are perishing like flies all across the world because they miscalculate their period of grace allowing them to decide either for or against the vaccine before they feel the wrath of being infected and dying atrociously from Covid-19. 

Please allow me to expatiate this concept of 99-1 Percenter. 99% is not the total number of people in a population who welcome the Science and the Vaccine but rather: the 99% chance one stands to gain after being vaccinated and how this commendable decision works out in one's favour for the much fancied and scientifically proven survival chances when Covid-19 rocks their boats. The 1% spells doom the anti-vaxxers face when they finally catch this lethal virus: chances of dying are more real than there are for surviving. 

I reiterated my moral stand as why I choose to vaccinate myself to Kingsley: I will take the jab which will increase my chances of waiting long enough to see the end of this pandemic than to risk my life by belonging in the 1% of the infected and the dying. At this point, Kingsley interjected and said to me: Please stop, I am convinced! For a minute, I thought the guy must have heard enough of my pontification on the subject. Kingsley was not through as he went on to explain what he meant. Before this discussion, I was 64% NO against Vaccination but now: I am 80% YES for the Vaccine. You have convinced me: I'm going to take the Vaccine! Damn Kingsley, you have no idea just how these words made me feel! I offered my continuous moral support to Kingsley via all my Social Commentaries by WhatsApp, etc. Our wide range discussion included Salvation and how God is using Jesus Christ as His Exclusive means of communicating with this World. 

It was the most enterprising candid conversation I ever had with a stranger. Most people scream at you in order to make their case heard for preaching but yours makes perfect sense. I tell you man: you are a danger! I really had to laugh at this one uncontrollably but Kingsley, was downright serious and really wanted to make sure he meant every word he uttered! 

Moments later, Kingsley's taxi pulled out in front of our gate and we alighted off. Wait, he yelled while reaching out to his phone in order to confirm my numbers and comically said to me: I am now 120% convinced and decided to take the vaccine! We both laughed and I urged him to register asap and promised to advice him once my appointment to vaccinate is confirmed. 

COINCIDENCE OR DESTINY? 

When my brother and I left for our Sister's Funeral on Thursday, we had decided to stick around her place for three nights in order for us to help with the clean-up. We were scheduled to return on Saturday, when I realized there wasn't much work left for us to do except the traditional house cleaning and the laundry to be done by women on Saturday. If I did not dial for the Bolton Taxi in the very minute I did, I would not have met my friend Kingsley. I believe Destiny brought us together: this whole trip wasn't about us but heavenly designed for Kingsley.

 I also believe that my brother's vaccine hesitancy was rocked to pieces after having challenged him to register a few days earlier on. He gave me an emphatic No. I responded simply by saying: Well, since you're not going to take the jab, please Thami, make sure your funeral policies are in order so we can bury you in peace: because you are definitely going to die! He was very surprised by my abrupt and almost thoughtless response. This ride with Kingsley became the two edged sword as it also made my brother reconsider his populous decision against taking the jab. 

Thank you Kingsley for sharing your story with me and here's hoping that you will spread the word and message of hope among your peers. You and I, are destined to see this virus to the end of its days armed with our vaccine-tattooed left shoulders, we'll take on the world with renewed confidence and well defined future looming over the horizon! Let's sing about this life while we can. Kingsley, I dedicate this classic by the legendary Teddy Pendergrass!!

Please don't forget to watch the video of the 39 year old man and father of five, who decided to postpone taking the vaccine for a year: sadly he didn't live long enough to see if this gamble with his life pays off. His time ran out so fast, the man died with five days after contracting the virus and not before leaving these chilling words for his fiancĂ©e: I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE DAMN VACCINE! I hope and pray that you never find yourself wearing the shoes of this unfortunate deceased US guy by taking stupid chances. 

You'll be damned for your early grave if you ignore this warning. Come on, make a great switch for your life, your family and children by jumping inside the 99 Percenter Surviving Bubble than to stick around inside the Condemned 1 Percenter. Dammit: Change your Destiny and Choose Life!! 

Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa, 31/07/21


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?