ALL SMILES, ALL LAUGHS AND NO TEARS!




all smiles, all laughs and no tears

was all that dazzled my mind

and warmed my heart the first time

I was introduced to her.

she appeared easy, carefree and not 

bothered to know what I am even though 

this was the first time our worlds collided.

she cared for me like a dear sister would.

all smiles, all laughs and no tears

she seemed to telepathize me: I live here.

I am what I am, this is my world,

didn't my sister tell you? no tears.

they say, a journey of a thousand miles

begins with a single step: but my journey

of a million miles with Dani began 

with all smiles, all laughs and no tears.

our new tiny world boomed into panoramic 

valley of assorted coloured scented-roses.

our hearts fused and melted into one beat

and shared all smiles, all laughs and no tears.

One sad evening after my brother had 

died in his sleep and in the same day:

phone rang, wife answered and suddenly:

shrieking screams of painful cries of grief bellowed.

what in the world happened now, I asked.

my sister was killed in a car accident, she cried.

I coiled back inside my shell like a timid snail,

as my heart raced back to reset my shuttered world.

 the tears were just not there, only empty stares

as I reached out to comfort her from deep sobs of pain

my mind reeled back and forth without recovering

the lost files of the cogent reality before Dani breathed her last.

remember me? her face flashed for a glorious second

in front of me as I caught up with her spirit that fatal night.

this is my world where I live, didn't my sister tell you?

all smiles, all laughs and no tears, I remembered.

Dani gave me no tears to cry when we first met,

I had no tears to wipe off my eyes because of her.

and this one thing got stuck in my soul forever:

she'd be sad if she see me cry now, I can't and I won't.

though Dani no longer lives in my material world now

her sweet memories of our happy spirits waltzing as one

give me wings to fly high above the painful clouds of losing her.

forever remains in my heart: all smiles, all laughs and no tears!

I remain in this sad life of pain and sorrows to remember her,

by raising her flag of hope, love and peace she jabbed into my heart.

for this brave and fallen soldier, I will survive and press on with:

to smile, to laugh always as she fades into eternity with my tears.

all smiles, all laughs and no tears...this was and still is, Dani to me.

Tribute Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa © 25/09/2021 

Featured Song: Tears Of The Ocean

From The Album: Whisper From The Mirror

Smooth Jazz Artist: Keiko Matsui © 2001

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?

BROKEN GLASS!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!