Last Night I Heard Footsteps Of Death!



Last night I heard footsteps of death!

It was way past midnight, laying in my sickbed in hospital. Thru the airy quiet of the early morning: medical machines were going on in their usual harmonized chorus!

All seemed quiet and normal, with all patients in this massive ward; sleeping and resting soundly: when suddenly...

I heard what sounded like quick marching steps: these sounded scariest; I ducked my head under the blankets and listened in awe of the spaces between each step taken!

Surely these weren't human steps given the distance and time to reach the end of the ward. In my normal human steps, it would have taken more than 70 to reach end of the ward but: to my amazement, it took the creature some 12 steps to get there.

While wondering at the speed, the creature was already on top of the old man; wrestling and strangling him! Death hath crossed the line of grace and this was the night the old man was supposed to die.

But the old man...

Fought back, his bed shaking like a ship in the eye of the storm at sea. This struggle lasted something like 5 minutes, and in true sense of the word; felt like 30 excruciating minutes as the old man coughed and choked with death on his throes!

Suddenly, a deafening silence fell in the ward, the creature left quietly: I thought and believed the old man had passed on and died in his struggle with death!

I ducked my head out from under the blankets and looked at his direction to see if he was OK: when I heard him cough peacefully...

Last night I heard the footsteps of death!

Last night I was in the presence of death!

Last night I heard one sick brave old man struggled with death!!

Last night I witnessed an old man denying death victory that wasn't authorized by Heaven: it was not his time!

Last night I rejoiced when death was turned back with tail between her legs!

Last night I heard the steps of death!!

True Life Story written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa © 2015

Featured Song: Secret Pond

From The Album: The  Road

Smooth Jazz Artist: Keiko Matsui © 2011

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?