DAZZLING UNASSUMING!


 

Dazzling Unassuming!

Kedibone Francis Seboya 02/12/53 - 26/07/21

I was just a young orphaned boy who had his eyes fixated to his big brother, for safekeeping and direction in a life who-knows-where-to-go.

I trusted and followed my brother everywhere he went: never questioned his judgment or authority because he was my lord.

It was through my big brother I got to meet my Big Sister, Kedi.

One windy morning my brother had a breakdown right up the corner in our street.

I went to help with his motor tricycle. then a

sudden upsurge of wind toppled

the carrier and landed on his ankle.

I felt very bad for failing to see this accident coming as he grimaced with pain. 

This one bad morning landed my poor brother in hospital. He needed an emergency operation to be able to walk again. Well, like they say: there's a silver lining in every dark cloud. 

My brother was just about to find out and discover this hidden gem behind the staff nurse's uniform. What a discovery!

Be advised that from this point onwards, the story is all mine but the actors still remain original. Also note that even though mine by description, the story remains true. 

Here's what I believe took place.

At the hospital, their laid my big brother, still writhing in pain from the unfortunate accident of yesterday. As luck would have it: God had prepared His angel to take care of him. 

Different shifts and different nurses graced my brother's sickbed. Then, one fine morning Sis Kedi walked in to attend and look after my big brother.

Maybe she smiled as her usual self does, maybe she assured my brother all is well. My brother blushed with suppressed

joy: then Kedi touched his injured leg.

This one simple act sent my brother up in the sky: as he sozzled with muted feelings and shouts of joy only audible to his heart. Sis Kedi might have missed this magic moment but sometimes later at midnight: she rolled back the tape and wondered.

My brother was smitten tossing and turning in his caged hospital sickbed. 

One day after many moons, I met Sis Kedi thru my big brother: easy, calm and assuring, she appeared to me. We both smiled.

Sis Kedi was a woman of few words and usually responded when thoughtfully and absolutely necessary to open her mouth. She never ignored people even though she was sometimes very coy and unassuming.

Her deep and hollow eyes were like deep inviting and pulling waterfall which always gave a pleasant and inviting soft stare.

After this miracle of the two hearts, I followed these lovebirds everywhere they went. I remained in tow for decades.

Such was the nature of our togetherness; our bond was stronger than a threefold cord.

When my brother passed on three years ago: I was really worried and concerned just how Sis Kedi would respond to this heart-breaking news.

As I expected she was a wreck and hurting so much I could feel her pain flowing through my arms as I helped her inside the house: trembling with grief from head to toe.

I thank God she survived this sad ordeal. Our long journey continued.

Today my heart is heavy with grief as we commit her remains to the ground: she is

 still my sister: I loved her, and she loved

me.

I have released her free spirit to soar like an eagle and safely secured in the arms of angels to be spirited onto the bosom of Father Abraham.

Tonight, I am going to locate and add another Shining Star in my Cosmic Wall of Famed Memories. I will surely miss her bodily presence, but Sis Kedi's ever smiling face will be looking down on me every time I look up and point at her Star. 


She may be gone but she'll never 

be forgotten by this heart of mine.

Dazzling unassuming and fading inside

the Celestial Light of God. I see her

Star. 

Celebratory Speech Written By: Sydney

Pikelela Gutyungwa © 30 July 2021

Featured Song: Bohemian Concerto

From The Album: The Road

Smooth Jazz Artist: Keiko Matsui ©

2011


音楽を作ってくださりありがとうございます。






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?