LET'S GO!

 COMMENTS

It's always amazing for me to find myself in awe of the LORD, just how God makes things work out to my own good. Believe it or not, I wrote this essay the day after my brother passed on. If you'd ask me how I do it, the answer is. I don't know! All I can say to you is that God just drop a verse, a thought or just a a line and I take from there. I need to be vigilant and quick before I lose the idea behind the thought. I dedicate this essay to my departed brother, Mhlangabezi Welcome Gutyungwa.

This time around, you need to remember the Scriptures as always, in order to follow my narrative. All my writings are based on my knowledge and dedication to the Word of God... I thank Him for all the wisdom and the revelation I receive from Heaven Above! Please enjoy this humble presentation from a man with no name... me!

 LET'S GO!

One fine evening in Iraq, and in the dead of the night… a seventy-five-year-old man was snoring heavily: resting after a gruesome and demanding day. Suddenly and in the stillness of the night, the LORD God Almighty: gate crushed His way into the old man’s world! Abram, get up now… and Let’s Go!

Now, Abram didn’t have a clue who the LORD God was: given his idol-worshipping upbringing he had from his father Terah, incredibly but true: the man obeyed the voice of God! Would you believe it if I told you that Abram, packed up the very next morning and took off with his family: to who-knows-where!

Let’s Go Abram… pack your bags and follow me forthwith! One more thing, the LORD God declared: from henceforth, your name shall be called Abraham! Hearing the voice of the Living God; was as refreshing as sitting under a waterfall in the hottest summer day for Abraham! Let’s Go… is more than just a slogan to God!

Let’s Go.. is the operative word, a verb calling all people within the bandwidth of hearing the Voice of God: to quicken their feet to Go and Let God!

Samuel, Samuel… the voice of the LORD God whispered and hissed like a snake into the ears of this twelve-year-old boy sleeping soundly in the Tabernacle of God! In this twisted turn of events, the LORD God was replacing Eli the High Priest with the young boy under his mentorship.

When you hear the voice again, say, Speak LORD, for thy servant heareth… the veteran Priest advised the young Samuel after the latter had confusedly run to the old man, at least two times! Eli the High Priest anointed the young Samuel according to the Word of the LORD…

Let’s Go.. is the operative word, a verb calling all people within the bandwidth of hearing the Voice of God: to quicken their feet to Go and Let God!

Let’s Go and preach the Gospel, Jesus said to His Disciples… in my Father’s House there are many mansions. Follow Me, Jesus urged Peter, John and James… and I will make you Fishers of Men!

The three men immediately left everything and followed the Man from Galilee! Have I not chosen you twelve but one of you is a Devil! Let’s Go! Anyway… I am the Resurrection and the Life!

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with Power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the Devil; for God was with Him.

And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the third day and showed him openly.

Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with Him after He rose from the dead. And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

In this part of the Scriptures Apostle Peter was preaching in Cornelius’s household, the Italian guy who was honoured by God in a vision; to have a one-on-one encounter with Peter the Rock! What is it LORD? Cornelius asked God.

Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God. Let’s Go Cornelius… Come on now! Send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter…

Let’s Go People of the World… For God so loved the Word, that He gave His Only Begotten Son; that whosever believes in Him, should not perish, but have Everlasting Life! Let’s Go with Jesus… the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Let’s Go.. is the operative word, a verb calling all people within the bandwidth of hearing the Voice of God: to quicken their feet to Go and Let God!

I Sydney, also like Abraham, heard the voice of God in my life as a young student; I yielded to God and followed Jesus when the late great Evangelist Bonnke invited me to the Altar Call of Prayer.

After all these years, the LORD God Almighty continued to be my Ever-Present Help and Shield over my sad life, and I let Go and let God to rule over all my evil desires…

Saul of Tarsus and the Religious Zealot of the Law of Moses hunted Believers like animals: jailed and killed some in the Name of God; till Jesus called him out from the Light that was brighter than the Sun….

Saul, Saul, why persecutes Me thou? Paul let Go and let Jesus… Let’s Go and preach the Gospel. The man became the Great Apostle Paul, the chief sinner amongst all sinners. For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Let’s Go.. is the operative word! And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. Let’s Go! Come on now people… Let’s Go!

Let's Go Written by Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© 4th October 2022
Featured Title Track: Back Home
From The Title Album: Soul Sessions
Smooth Jazz Artist: Jeff Golub
© 2003


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?