NEW YEAR'S EVE TORTURE!

 

New Year’s Eve Torture!

Every year I’m forced by the calendar to reflect on my immediate future looming in just 24hrs... I keep thinking!

What in the world is the new year going to give me? I always look forward to surviving the flaming swords. These whatabouts are more than I can bear!

God gives each person, enough time of more than 61000 hours per year to find out what exactly we want in our limited lives.

Some people survives and count their money. Others sheepishly withdraw to their sad corners and lick their wounds!

Hey. What the hell happened to all the luck allotted to my timeline?

Different strokes for different folks!

The difference is what decides the kind of stroke you end up with at the end of your day!

New Year’s Eve Torture! There’s nothing I hate in a year like the Festive Season!

Sometimes I wish I could just hibernate and sleep it off! Crazy Festive Season.... Damn!

Midnight November 30... Goodnight everybody, I’m going to sleep! See you all at the back of the new moon the second week of January.

This boy who looks like me is tired of watching all the madness unfolding before my eyes.

I mean, the real Festive Season and Christmas ended when I was ten years old!

New Year’s Eve Torture! I believe after ten years of age; every boy and girl realizes and discovers all the farce and brouhaha behind.

Why does everyone pretend to be so happy as if they’ve just landed from the moon? Happy and Merry Christmas!

If Christmas has so much influence and power to even turn enemies into friends, why not declare every day of the year a Christmas?

Just come to think of it now. If every soul under the sun reveres the Festive Season so much as to forget all about their enemies. Eureka!

New Year’s Eve Torture! This could only mean the world has been sitting on top of gold fields all this time.

Who needs enemies when we could enjoy each other so much. Am I lost or in a wrong Planet? Everybody is all sensitive not to step on another’s toes!

New Year’s Eve Torture! All my big sisters saving one, took their first glass of alcohol in the Festive Season!

One of my sisters became so drunk one Christmas she went singing all around the neighbourhood!

Me didn’t know my usually quiet sister could actually sing so unashamedly and heartedly loud!

New Year’s Eve Torture! I once met a very tired looking and despondent Santa somewhere in Middle Earth!

Hey wassup Santa? Boy oh boy, I have spent all my life giving and teaching people to live in peace!

All the warlords behind these hostilities around the world were once my harmless kids! Whoa!

New Year’s Eve Torture! Had the Lord blessed me to be like the moon.

I’d be enjoying a much shorter year. My day would be 29 and a half long earth days.

Hasta la Vista New Year’s Eve Torture!

New Year's Eve Torture Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© October 26th, 2023
Image © Google 
Featured Title Song: Put It Where You Want It
From The Title Album: One Way Back
Smooth Jazz Artist: Paul Brown
© 2016

DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!



 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?