I'VE GOT TO GO!

I’ve Got To Go!

Been endlessly pacing up and down these gruesome corridors of life without stepping over my shadow once.

If it wasn’t for this crippling opacity my shadow and I, would have ran through these dilapidating walls of obstruction arising up everywhere I go.

Silly old life has it’s own way of displacing people and leaving them in areas they had never dreamt of once in a while.

I believe man’s ability to navigate all across the rugged planes and roughshod hills... always ends up nowhere!

Please John do not forget to send me those coordinates details of your location. I wouldn’t want to miss this your great invitation.

And so John’s dear friend sets out to navigate hoping to save time. The man starts one hour earlier in order to arrive comfortably stress free.

More than two hours later after setting off, this man hasn’t even noticed or passed one landmark John warned him about.

I’ve got to go was the rhythm and the beat for his departure now turned into to nagging feelings of arriving nowhere.

I’ve been here down South for many moons. Sitting around and pacing North East and West without any letup from these mundane and depressing streets.

If wishes were gold none of the living would die from hunger!

Life’s give or take situation and after running without luck at every sunset is hard for me to believe I’m still breathing and strut around like a gazelle!

What more can a man wish for in this dog eats dog life?

How I wish to wake up every morning, pull out my blinds and hear the deep blue sea whispering into my ears!

I’ve got to go! Time is always of the essence when it comes to one unhappy man drifting along inside every wave without reaching the beach.

I’ve got to go. Seeing same faces and listening to the same droning noises day in and day out is killjoy for my heart.

It is time for me to go! Hey buddy where exactly do you intend to go after all these scarring tears of yours?

It really don’t matter whereto as long as my back is 100% turned against this place.

I’ve got to go now that even every dog of this town can sniffle my scent 500 meters away.

God knows how I hate remaining part of the furniture for so long. Even dear old furniture gets moved around at least once a year.

What about this old poor and frustrated boy? I’ve got to go come high or low waters and whatever it takes!

Like an unborn baby in its foetal position inside their mother’s womb time is time and this baby knows when to kick open the waters of life!

I’ve got to go. Like incredible migrating birds... I’m off to another continent very far away from this place!

Hello. For just a season I felt awesomely great and protected from all the bad weather which used to bother me. But hey!

I’ve got to go! I will take nobody and nothing except my own feet to carry me to the end of the rainbow of my dreams.

Dreaming never stops nor ends. My life mercilessly expires inside the capsule of time when my road hits the t-junction of my grave!

I’ve got to go. Here comes the bus and there goes my train! Damn. I gotta catch the next plane and fly away for good!

I’ve got to go! Nobody cares where I go and where I end up?

After all, everybody knows my coordinates and just why nobody ever bothers to check me out.

I’ve got to go! Like the old carefree cowboys used to think and say. Heaven knows I gotta get the hell outta here!

Saying your goodbyes to those you think are nearest to you is old fashion!

Nowadays people just go offline and simply disappear from your boring timeline and whoosh pass every day as if you were just another stranger.

I’ve got to go! Who needs friends when I have a Friend in Jesus!

Who needs family when I carry my whole family in Me Myself and I... every single day.

Spirit soul and body I am.

Hello fun suckers and party poopers. I am the whole family you see when you look down on me.

I was born naked and naked I came into this world... cried Job of old!

I’ve got to go. When I’m dead I’m dead and gone. Alone before the Judgment Seat of Christ I shall stand.

Without my mother and father. No brothers or sisters and no family, wife and children.

Just let me go and take off just as I came into this world. Naked and all alone!

I’ve got to go is my final clarion call to my soul... Come on let me be about myself now!

There goes Pikelela again in his usual self!

Running his mouth and rambling buzzy words which no man can interpret nor understand in this life and in the Hereafter!



I've Got To Go Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
© March 11, 2024
Featured Title Song: Soul Brother  N°1
From The Title Album: Spread The Word Album III
New Age Jazz Artists: Down To The Bone
© 2001

DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?