THIS MAN!

 


This Man!

Now...

All those who know me will attest without any doubt that I really am not given to sing praises for other people.

But I will tell you this. It takes a man to raise a man in a boy. 

I would be the most unhinged and proudest imbecile to think I am where I am because of my own struggles and ingenuity.

It takes deep rooting and a strong tree to bring about fruits we all love and enjoy. 

There can be no fruits without a tree 

I owe my existence to the two strangers who glanced at each other with a smile, fell in love and said…

Let us take this love affair to another level

They cuddled, kissed, frolicked… played intimately and lovingly until my mother conceived me.

Without my father and my mother looking at each other, the way they did… I do not exist.

This boy here… is the product of their love. 

Yes. Go ahead and tell the world… this boy is normal because he was conceived under the waterfalls of love.

Wow.

I am 109% proud and over the moon, to tell you that… 

I am the product of all my teachers. From kindergarten all the way to my highest achievements.

So, do not be shocked and confused when you hear me brag about the most important people in my life.

These guys are all responsible for carving this brick house you looking at… Me, myself and I.

This man and this boy... I in me! Knows… without my Adam and Eve…. 

My father and my mother... I would not be talking to you.

There is no chance even in Hell, this man here… 

could have been born someone else in different race or culture… other than the only one I inherited from my father.

I am my father’s son and my mother’s child. 

Hey. Why do you look confused… do not you know the difference?

A boy child is his father’s son but even most importantly…this boy is his mother’s child. 

Only God knows. 

Just how much I miss my mother’s loving eyes… 

looking at me with so much grace and fragility as if I was a glass.

Her eyes, her loving touch and her voice spoke volumes to the heart of this boy.

When she called… Barney!

I froze up and looked at her with unrivaled respect her melancholic voice deserved!

This man, this boy… knows his roots and no man can school me about my heritage…

Hello. 

I live, walk, and breathe in and out because of my heritage and my forever roots of love.

It would be naïve and beyond stupid for me to think… I do not need anybody else but myself.

This man and this boy here…. was born empty and wanting like all new arrivals in newly born babies.

Why do you think babies spend most of their time staring at the ceiling?

You see… Our Heavenly Father.. dispatch His Angels to descend and play with the lonesome baby…

Making funny faces only babies can see.

There is no way for adults to figure this one out.

If the same baby could talk, he would laugh and say to you…

This guy is killing me with his facial jokes!

This is the baby in me speaking now!

 Babies live in their own world designed by God.

This man and this boy here…. is grateful to one man… my late big brother who raised and educated me.

I owe my every substance of my being to all my four sisters… who took care of me after my mother passed on when I was only eight.

This man and this boy here… gives all the praises and glory to the Almighty God.

For blessing me with more than a dozen mothers who adopted and embraced me as their own flesh and blood…. their favourite son!

I was loved.

It is hard for this man and this boy… to complain about growing up an orphan…

God stepped in for me and gave me mothers love… no other boy in this world has ever experienced!

You can now stop wondering where I got all this wisdom and so much unlimited glossary of words, I dish out endlessly.

This man and this boy… owe everything I am with every thought and word… from the roots of love which carried me through the years!

Only God knows…

How grateful I am for making my world worth living…

O God!

I want to cry now…


Poet & Lyricist: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
© June 9th, 2024
Featured Title Song: Mailibu Dreams
From The Title Album: Paradise 
Smooth Jazz Artist: Kenny G.
© 2002


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT, USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

THROUGH HER EYES!