HOW ABOUT HESHTAG SURVIVNG COVID-19 IN 2021?


 HOW ABOUT HESHTAG SURVIVNG COVID-19 IN 2021?

There's so much crap being circulated and promoted in Social Media: about challenge this or that hashtags in 2021: and how fools go rushing in. I believe the most important thing for me is to be able to survive Covid 2021 just like I did in 2020. Join this crap this or that challenge is for idiots and morons.
My heart is on the side of the survival of the Human Race, please spare me the stress of having to click the like button, I just don't care. Covid-19 has not slowed down in the world and has even gotten worse in South Africa in the form of a new variant which is leaving the Scientists scratching their heads.
Well, some of us are going about their every day lives as if they are living in Paradise where only waterfalls, green valleys and singing beautiful birds surround them: enjoying sunshine in a land of cloudless day. Hello, let me remind all and sundry that you and me, are also in line to die from Covid-19 if we believe the lies you're immune. No, you're not: you can just kick the bucket at any minute if you continue with carefree living.
This Generation has never lived so dangerously close to death since the last century: every single day we are closer to dying than we've ever imagined before. Our world is littered with Covid-19 landmines which are ready to blow us up in seconds. We've been warned all about it but the most difficult thing, is the fact that these landmines are part of our social structure and 100% part of our community fibers. We grew up practicing all these every day natural behaviours and suddenly....we're told.
It's dangerous and life threatening if we continue to...
hug, embrace, kiss, drink from same glass, share cigarettes, visits family or friends needlessly, go to parties, churches, mosques, temples: attend big games where thousands of fans are crammed together, advised to avoid crowds like censer: the list is endless.
It's a big mind shift for all of us, if you take into consideration just how in God's world are we supposed to find wisdom and strength to get all this done in every single day. And so our rebellious nature kicks in and we find ourselves threading between life and death by choice hence many of us choose to embrace death simply because we don't want to believe what we hear and see. Covid or no Covid, life goes on, so we think: when our fellow men continue to drop dead like flies every day. Our hearts become seared with Covid fearlessness and we feel that false sense of immunity even though we don't even know our status....Life goes on as it were. Is it, really?
Last Festive Season, many weeks before Christmas I tossed and turned, wrestling with my heart and mind: trying to arrive at a sober decision of whether: to travel or not to. To say I was conflicted, it's an understatement. Only God knows, just how much I prayed and sought wisdom from above, as I began to weigh the challenge of the reality staring at me every time I looked at the calendar. I made it my baby and burden and never shared this deep seated fear of having to wade through thousands of fellow travelers in this Covid supercharged atmosphere. It was very scary.
My Aunt turned 100 years old in April 2020, and due to Covid outbreak and subsequent lockdowns which followed: made it all impossible for me to celebrate in person this greatest milestone in our family. South Africa was hit and subjected to months of lockdowns: the whole world was reduced into a massive prison and our streets empty and unreachable as the horizon.
I had to reach a decision somehow as I stared at the roof contemplating the almost 800 km which stood between me and my Aunt. I chose to take the risk as I thought to myself: any Christmas after this one won't qualify as the hundredth Christmas even if my Super Aunt survives another few more, I've got to do this. I'm glad I did. She's just doing fine and am still okay even in my 9/10 of self isolation since my return.



All I'm trying to say is that, the fear of catching Covid-19 and dying is more real than the chances of being struck down by a car in this day and hour we all live in. I'm also human and am subjected to the fear of death like everybody else. I thank God for making it thus far in 2021, my bridge is still way too far and have some eleven months more to wade through all this Covid laced world of death and I'm determined to make it over this bridge of life.
For the first time in my life: fear of catching and dying from Covid-19 has taught me to learn to understand just what was in David's mind when he said these immortal words..
Psalms 90:12
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
Here's the wisdom for surviving the world of Covid-19 in 2021:
1. Social Distance
2. Wear a mask and make sure your mouth and noise are covered at all time.
3. Wash your hands frequently by using alcohol based sanitizer.
4. Don't shake hands with people instead use elbow as contact.
5. Remember, Covid-19 is danger to everyone you come into contact with after you got infected. Love your neighbour and don't be injuriously selfish: share the world with the rest of us.
COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON AND SAFE 2021!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?