A Beggar with a remote controller!


A Beggar with a remote controller!
BY SYDNEY GUTYUNGWA
Life can be hard sometimes;
things we take for granted as we
cruise along with relative ease:
turnout to be the very cornerstone
that kept the momentum of our Joy!
Used to walk down the streets doing
my daily chores without a clue that;
a thousand eyes of under privileged
poor people were looking at me like
a dressed up Prince from a Royal Palace!
God knows I never looked
down on my fellow men,
no matter what race they were from!
I did my best in my virtual princely robes the poor had drabbed on me even,
without me knowing then!

I shared my meagre salary with them
whenever I could afford to buy them lunch...
their dirty faces lit up with smiles
never seen in real life.
They hugged me and I hugged them too!
We shared our humanness..
How many times do you drive past
a hospital fast, without saying
a prayer for all the sufferers behind
those giant walls of pain?
Just how many times did you care to
visit the old people in your
neighbourhood or church?
Can God visit His beloved in all of His Glory
without using you as His disguise?
I thought I had been thru the worst in my life when I didn't dismay
at how I'm going to go thru each passing day!
Life sometimes becomes too rosy or,
so we think it is: and become immune
to real pain that flies around us daily!
Arrows of pain and sufferings wield
above our heads every passing second!
We just don't feel it and continue to wade thru
till we're the target!
Ouch. the bleeding follows
and we're humbled in our own aloofness!
I hurt! and you reply: what hurt,
call me when you're done with yours!
I've had to quit my secured job for fear of losing my life
thru men generated stress that became unbearable to my heart!
I chose to live over risking my life
to what was never mine.
I really never fully understood pain till I got hospitalized for the first time in my life!
Meeting fellow sick mates reminded me:
life is full of dimensions never thought existed for me. This too was my home..
Back home and out of the hospital...
Waking up every morning with the ceiling staring down on me saying: What now today, Sydney?
I straighten up my face and stare back without a reply! Inviting blue sky thru my window fails to lift me higher than my bed...
and so, I continue to sink in my pain!
I put my trembling hand to my chest and..
.I feel my good heart beating without skipping or clogging...
I smile and say:
Good Morning LORD!
Good Morning JESUS!
Good Morning HOLY SPIRIT...
I get up and grab my remote controller...
And play back ALL the happy and
victorious moments of my life all over again and I feel like a Prince again!
The world and all her inhabitants may forget about me and count me with the dead but God..
divinely enabled me to live and survive in these Words, my Words: my exclusive Universe!
Those homeless and poor people I call Friends they taught me: that I was one of them...
A Beggar with a remote controller...
Yes, proud to repeat with a chuckle:
I'm a Beggar with a remote controller!


Poetic Lyrics Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa © 2013
Featured Song: You Gotta Be Real
From The Album: Vital Force
New Age Artist: 3rd Force © 1997


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?