THROUGH A GLASS!

 


 

THROUGH A GLASS..

She woke up one morning feeling dizzy and nauseating. “There’s got to be a reason for this dread feeling” she thought to herself...and o’, there it is! “I must be pregnant, pregnant again!” After all, the woman had been through this odd feeling, and felt this dyspeptic overcast, at least seven times before. And so, she waited patiently for nine long months. The woman was my Mother!

While She waited ominously for nine long months: nothing stood between the two, but time. Imagination of time only as She continued daily to caress her unborn baby tenderly through her soft fingers, scaling her rounded stomach with hope-filled smiles. Sometimes She’d giggle softly and laugh out loud without anybody detecting her ovulated strange burps. In a room full of people, She lived in her own World.

Then one day, time stood by and gave way: as her water reached maximum temperature: bursting through the seams of her motherly womb. And this Baby came screaming his lungs out as though drowning. I was that Baby and so I was born.

Distance between me and my Mother took over from time as I began to learn to perceive its meaning: falling asleep after a full stomach filled the void. I’d soon discovered that crying out loud from hunger or wetness: seemed to hold sway over this dreadful gnawing distance. Mama always came running and held me close to her heart. I was closer to her warm body than everybody else. She was my Mother.

 One fateful day, my Sweet Mama fell seriously ill: I was only eight. She passed on and left these shores and the distance grew bigger: wider than any eight-year-old could ever imagine, Once upon a time I used to look up straight into her eyes: but now and sadly, I found myself staring down at her coffin.

She was dead and gone, leaving me helpless, trying to make sense of it all: the meaning of this untimely loss. Now distance gave way to Eternity, these thoughts: these memories created by this awful void.

Today, even though she has been gone for decades: I thank God for the chance of looking through this Glass. that shreds and corrodes Time...the distance between us. I’m watching and looking at her; through a one-way Glass. She’s not able to look back over her shoulders...

In the Hereafter of Eternity, the Departed enter the Realm of God where only forwardness is the order of each passing moment. time is measured in pulsating moments of taking a breath you’d never be able to breathe in and out again for Eternities to come.

Nowadays, I sit back and relax; and control my mourning: by looking through this Glass of Time and seeing them all. I see all my sisters and brothers, Yonder on the other side: in measured and timed breath of yearning and helpless pining. I reach out and touch the Screen...this Glass ever before mine eyes. piously scratching their incandescent backs…but alas, 

They cannot feel my prying touch: for the reason of the Glassy Chasm. So, I continue to wait and bide my time. I sit and lean back smilingly, when suddenly, the Spirit whispers: “For now, we see Through A Glass, darkly. but then face to face; now I know in part. but then I shall know even as I am known”.

Therefore, I yield to and Through A Glass I live and, Through A Glass I press on and up with till that day this Glassy Curtain shall be lifted up by God in a moment and in Time.   

Thank You LORD, for providing me with this invisible Celestial Glass: filling me with Hope and with Joy unspeakable! Now I see darkly through this Glass and One Day, I shall see clearly as the rising of the sun in that Great Day when all the Saints Go Marching In. 

Rest in Peace and in Power: my Sweet Mother! Without You I’d never known what it’s like to be alive in this World of Pain! Yep there You are: I see You Through A Glass! I miss You so dearly!

 



Poetic Lyrics Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
Copyright © 24 October 2019
Featured Title Song: On My Mind
From The Title Album: Live From The Inside
Smooth Jazz Artist: Brian Culbertson
Copyright © 2000


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT, USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?