HELLO, I AM SIMON THE LEPER!

 


HELLO, I AM SIMON THE LEPER!

My sad story is not one of poverty or homelessness. I was raised by very wealthy parents and never had a moment in my life as a kid where I went to my bed hungry like some kids in my neighbourhood. Life is very strange when you’re used to living like a king and as if there was no care in the world.

My rich world became my fantasy as I became immune to all the reality of all the hungry people who used to flock our gates to beg for food. My parents were very generous and never ever turned any hungry person away.

Then once upon a time, my parents passed away, I already had a wife and kids by this time. And so, I inherited everything my parents once owned. Even during this time of my greatest transition in life; I simply thought things would just turn out as it were in my childhood.

Little did I know that my rich ego was about to take the biggest knock I ever had; and worse off now, without my dear parents who were the backbone of my life. Oh God, how I wished I could see this coming!

While working on my fields one day, I accidentally bumped my right hand against a tree, and it hurt so much. My wife assured me that it was nothing but just a small bruise which should go away in a few days. I started scratching and scratching, then one morning I realized the same bruise was spreading all over my body into ugly simmering sores.

This was leprosy and I freaked out when I realized how badly this will affect my entire social life: I was doomed. My wife and kids deserted me for fear of contracting this dread disease. At least my wealth helped me keep all my servants who continued to serve me even as I was.

The new sad chapter in my once happy and carefree life became the new reality as I was forced to learn to battle and cope with extreme loneliness. I became the laughingstock of my jealous neighbours even though we never held back from helping the same mockingbirds whenever they needed our help.

Then one day, there stood Jesus knocking on my door. I had no idea how Jesus remembered me since I was the last person; the Son of God visited on His Final Lap to Jerusalem to die on the Cross. To be included in Jesus’s To Do List is glorious!

Jesus sat down at my table, and we shared our sumptuous meal. I was surprised the Man wasn’t afraid of eating the meat I carved for Him even leprous as I was. Later on Jesus left, but His Presence remained with me! I remained reminiscing about the Greatest Day of my life: I was happy till I fell asleep like a tired baby.

To my pleasant surprise, when I woke up in the morning; all the leprosy had left my body: Jesus had healed me even without saying a word. Hello, I am Simon the Leper, for years I sobbed and mourned in the bitterness of my heart till Jesus came knocking at my door. Yesterday I was the saddest and the loneliest person but today, I’m happy as a freed caged bird.

Thank you Jesus for healing me with just your Divine Presence and Shadow falling over my body: today I am clean as clean could be. Jesus the Son of God didn’t see a leper in me like my family and neighbours: who avoided me like death.

Yesterday I was a leper but today, I am Simon… the new kid on the block. Hello, I am Simon the Leper and am glad that Jesus nailed my leprosy before He was nailed on the Cross for my sins. So much Grace and so much Mercy just for one sad leper, LORD..


Simon The Leper Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© 19th July 2022
Featured Title Song: Harry The Hipster
From The Title Album: Summer Madness
Smooth Jazz Artist: Richard Elliot
© 2016


FAIR USE DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT, USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL MUSIC TRACKS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?