MONEY ANSWERS ALL THINGS!

 


MONEY ANSWERS ALL THINGS!

He’s one of the leading bishops from the African American Church; we were told. God's using the man to prophesy over people by quoting Bible verses and encourages them.

This ominous service took place in Soweto, three decades ago: where one famous evangelist was ordained into the bishopric ministry.

After all the blah-blah about money being the solution to everything: the American preacher challenged the congregants to give as much as possible towards the Ordination.

Can I have here, the line of all the people who’d say: I want to pledge 10000? How about 5000 here? 2500, 1500, 1000 and even 500: the fast-talking bishop continued.

I checked my wallet and found only 50 available, I stood in this poor man's line. In my heart, for real now; I truly believed that this was the day: I was going to hear the word from the LORD!

Strangely, only those who had pledged big bucks were prophesied on. The man didn’t even come close to us. Well, I didn’t get the answers from God because I didn’t have the right amount of money.

Thank God, the man never laid his grifting hands on me. Who knows what would have become of me… today if he did?



Money Jibe Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© 20th July 2022
Featured Title Song: What Up B
From The Title Album: Come On Up
Smooth Jazz Artist: Brian Culbertson
© 2003


FAIR USE DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT, USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL MUSIC TRACKS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?