I LOVED THE MAN!

 

I LOVED THE MAN!

Just where do I begin to tell about my Epic Story with The Man from Galilee; is deeper than I can reach? The Man showed up from nowhere one bright morning. My fishing partners and I, John and James; were busy washing and sorting our nets after toiling the whole night without a single catch!

The man just boarded our ship and asked us to thrust into the sea a little bit; then sat down and taught the crowds. The Man had such a commanding voice with authority I've never heard from the lips of any man! It was not surprising for us to quickly obey without asking questions.

By this time, my partners and I had stopped washing our tired nets as we joined the crowd and listened to this Incredible Man. Every word the Man uttered came out powerfully and reverberated with the Truth, never heard before.

Launch out into the deep and cast your nets for a draught, said the Man after teaching the crowds. We looked at each other in disbelief since it was already late to fish. Does the Man even know that nobody ever fishes after sunrise?

Nevertheless, at your Word we will cast the nets; the Man just smiled at me! And so we dropped our nets into the crystal-clear waters not expecting to catch anything. Then to our surprise, we caught so much fish than we ever caught in the entire history of our fishing years combined!

Our catch was so abundant and almost broke our nets and had to motion other fishing vessels to come over and help themselves with the spoils. The Man just sat there and looked at us, battling with this incredible load of fish.

After we reached the harbour, I was so overwhelmed and fell down to my knees and worshipped the Man. Depart from me; for I am sinful, O LORD! The Man said, Follow me and I will make you fishers of men!

We immediately left everything there, and followed the Man. After a short while, the Man added another nine Disciples to help Him on His Epic Journey to die on the Cross. This was just the beginning of the long journey for me, daily witnessing miracle after miracle the Son of God performed as we followed Him all around.

The Man even changed my name to Simon Peter, the rock. We went from coast to coast, helping the Man as His Disciples and witnessed all the works God performed thru Him. I loved the Man because no one has ever opened the eyes of the blind, opened deaf ears, made the dumb to speak and the lame to walk!

The Man had lunch with lepers, cleansed them and cast out demons. I loved the Man because He even forgave sins. The woman caught in adultery and forgiven by the Man; is one story I will never forget. I thought making the greatest catch was the greatest miracle until I saw the Man walking on the waters!

Calming the storms at sea and raising Lazarus from the dead, was even more incredible and truly unheard of! I loved the Man and almost forgot I was a married man with family. The man even healed my sick mother in-law!

The Man died and rose again and was received into Heaven. We continued to preach His Gospel till our last breath on Earth. More than 2000 years later His Gospel is still preached. I loved the Man from Galilee…


I Loved The Man Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© 18th September 2022
Featured Title Song: Shake It Up
From The Title Album: Shake It Up
Smooth Jazz Artists: Boney James & Rick Braun
© 2000

DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!





 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?