My Baobab Tree!

 

My Baobab Tree!

Like a baobab tree which remains steadfast and rooted in all kinds of weather for thousands of years: my daughter-in-law remains poised to carry my name and seal my presence on earth for generations to come.

Her roots lie deep in the belly of the earth below, even the roughest stormy winds and driest droughts cannot uproot her.

When God blessed me with a son, I knew that one day and once upon a time in my life: my son will bring me joy!

If I didn’t have a son, my world would have been an unfinished sad tale of a man who had failed to leave behind his DNA signature and footprints in the sands of time and history!

Like the rising of the sun in a cold wintry day, my son fulfilled my joy the day he introduced me to my one and only daughter-in-law I’ll ever have this side of Heaven!

Earnestine is my gift from God Above, I appreciate and salivate every minute I breathe in and out, knowing she’s around! She’s my undisputed champion and my immediate future!

E.J. as she’s affectionately known, is more than just a daughter-in-law to me. E.J. is my Life Covenant and a never-ending rainbow heralding the future generations of my children’s children for decades to come.

Her calm and superlative affectation exudes this majestic and gratuitous presence fit for a crown. Earnestine is my Royal Highness! I crowned her with my heart and soul, the very first day I laid my eyes upon her.

Her infectious sweet smile makes my heart to do a 180° spin, filled with bravado that says nothing can touch me now! EJ’s eyes on me say, do not fret Tata, I’m here to carry your name for generations to come.

O’ God, my sun shone even brighter when Earnestine, my Royal Highness gifted me with a first-born grandson, four years ago!

My beautiful daughter made her presence known and confirmed her commitment and engraved my name in immovable rock of history. Earnestine brought a smile of peace in my heart and made me leap with joy! Today I’m a proud grandpa because of my beautiful and ever-glowing Royal Highness!

Like a baobab tree which remains steadfast and rooted in all kinds of weather for thousands of years: my daughter-in-law remains poised to carry my name and seal my presence on earth for generations to come.

Indeed, all the best things in life are free, they do not cost a penny because God gives to us; out of the abundance of His heart what all the money in the world cannot buy! Excuse me, if I may ask, what makes you think I’m crazy to be all this excited about my Royal Highness?

Hello, there’s only me and I, the only one of my kind God made in this world over. I am what I am and second to none. All the blessings, joy, and freebies from God’s hand bear only my address! Even the Devil and his cohorts cannot steal this joy from my heart.

Only God knows just how much I love my daughter-in-law; words escape my vocabulary to describe this volcanic eruption of effervescent exuberant joy. Earnestine is my Golden Vault where I keep all my prized precious stones all the money in this world cannot buy.

E.J. is my ruby, my carbuncle, my glowing diamond, gold, sardius and the jasper. Earnestine is my topaz, the beryl, and the onyx wrapped around all my beautiful grandchildren still hidden inside her blessed womb.

One day and once upon a time in my life, when my day on earth is done: I will just lean back and graciously close my eyes with an eternal smile, knowing that my Royal Highness is taking care of my never-ending business in this world.

LORD, if I never live again to experience the joy of life you gave to me when Earnestine landed on my shores… let me say thank you in advance! E.J. is my crown and joy amongst all the daughters of men. Earnestine, my Baobab Tree, and Royal Highness!

Come on now EJ, keep on smiling my Royal Highness… this is your exclusive space inside this heart of mine! Love you for always.


My Baobab Tree Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© November 08, 2022
Featured Title Track: The Preacher
From The Title Album: Rock Steady
Smooth Jazz Artist: Richard Elliot
© 2009


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?