MY FUTURE MY DESTINY!


My Future My Destiny!

My name is Caroline. I landed on these earthly shores some eighteen years ago.

After nine months of free falling and roller-coasting inside my Mother’s womb, I finally touched down in this world below in one piece.

My Dear Mother was always there to tender and look after me from the moment my lungs opened up as I breathed for the very first time.

Her sweet smile and loving eyes assured me, it’ll be alright my baby… I will care for you and land you safely into your childhood.

I was loved and secured inside her warm and tender embrace.

As a baby, I’ve had to crawl my way up into childhood where I learned to stand tall unassisted.

Kindergarten, how can I forget this great university of life where I learned to count and to write my name.

I began to learn about the value of time during my first year of schooling. Eating well, sleeping early and waking up on time: became my Mother’s priority for me.

I was the one growing up but would have been harder without Mom.

Her cracking the whip on me at times when I was rebellious and obstinate, today seems like a doctor’s order to keep me in the straight and the narrow.

After twelve years of schooling and hard work as a pupil, I thank God for making my Mother a good thorn in my flesh.

She drilled and drove me like a race car and made sure I check out with good grades.

Before I was born, Mama made a vow to God to take care of me, whatever the cost and in all kinds of weather.

I’m glad she kept that promise for me to reflect at my young life so far.

Today, as I stand on the precipice of jumping into adulthood and diving into the world below, where nobody survives without good qualifications.

I stand like a bird’s chick on the edge of its nest before its parents push them out into the open sky.

Today, I raise my right hand and vow before Heaven and Earth, to make my mother proud and hereby pledge to complete this Epic Journey as a Committed Student right into Adulthood.

My Mom sacrificed a great deal for me to reach this milestone today. There’s no way I can pay back all the good things she did for me but, this is the least I can and will do.

Like Mom sacrificing her time and life for me to come of age, I commit to keep my feet and habits under the chain of God’s Grace to stay in the straight and the narrow.

My Future and Destiny depend on my discipline and commitment to the course and dream I can see from my horizon.

I pray God to keep and guide my fragile young life like He protected and guided the young David. Mercy Lord!

Hello world, here I come to conquer, riding upon my cloud of sweat and success guaranteed herein my clean slate.

My Future and my Destiny have been confirmed and finalized by Heaven. Like a shooting star in the darkest night, I will keep on lighting up my skies with hope, faith and diligence.

Prayer and my trust in God will act as the anchor of life to see me through all the rough tides and stormy weather of youth.

And the child grew, and waxed strong in Spirit, filled with Wisdom: and the Grace of God was upon Him.

Like Jesus the child. I pray God helps me to grow strong in Spirit, Wisdom and the Grace of His Love.

All the destructive desires of youth are locked up inside my fear for God and His Word!

I boarded my first train to life as a growing foetal baby in Mama’s womb. Crawled all the way inside my second train as a child.

And now after twelve years I alight from my third as I prepare to board my fourth and final train into real life.

I’ve just handed my high school diploma to the train officer, the admission ticket for this epic journey into my destination

This train stops at many mandatory stations where others before me qualify to disembark into their Future.

I’ve been told and grilled not to be tempted to leave my train before I reach my Final Graduation, my Stop.

My Future and my Destiny depend on my university qualifications I need to produce before I come face to face with life’s realities!

It’s been eighteen long years of sweat and pain, my Mother carried me on her comfortable back.

I stand resolute to qualify my appreciation for Mama’s unconditional love for me.

Till we meet at my Final Train Stop.. I know you’ll be waiting for me there! 


My Future My Destiny Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
© January 20, 2023 
Featured Title Song: Irresistible
From The Title Album: Something About You
Smooth Jazz Artist: Brian Simpson 
© 2018


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!




 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?