IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!


In Pursuit Of A Dream!

 Life is great and life is hard! Life is cruel and life is not fair! These are some of the most common overtones heard daily from Space.

If the Almighty were to afford you a rare chance to sit on top of the Globe for one day: you like God, will hear these conjectures coming from the corridors of life below.

 We live in the noisiest and the most congested Planet as humans. If God had offered a choice to parents in which Planet, they’d wish to have their babies born. Our population would not have risen to Eight Billion Souls as it were.

 There are thousands of adverbs used to describe the very life we’re all part of. Life is subject to individual’s interpretation the same had gone through this twisting and endless labyrinth of Human Race and Pilgrimage to nowhere.

 Once upon a time. In the busiest day for parents and their kids, who had excelled after their twelve yearlong school of education and gained their deserved university entrance pass. 

This is in Johannesburg and at one the globally renown Wits University. It felt like I was standing inside this awesome Mega Train Station where parents board in their children from the four corners of the Earth. Everyone was hustling and bustling, pushing to make it before sunset.

 In this Crossroad of Life there stood apart four beautiful young women who had no idea that before this day was over; they’d be conjoined like Siamese Twins in this one Big Circle of Dreams. 

This is the most important and busiest day, where each of these girls must decide in the blink of an eye: who’s friend and who’s foe. In this Hostel of Life, one must be swift and nimble and wisely choose their preferred friends, just like that.

 In Pursuit of a Dream, four young adults set out to arm themselves with the highest Educational Qualifications attainable. 

In Pursuit of a Dream, Caro, Kim, Rif and Oly ran to each other’s arms after discovering they all share a common dream of becoming better persons in the foreseeable future. 

Their worlds collided in the hostel grounds of the renown Wits University and fused them into one solid dream: to make it to the top, come low or high waters!

 Incredibly, after a few hours later, my daughter Caro, introduced us to her brand-new Three Life Acquaintances. I was stunned and left speechless as the four young lasses stood shoulder-to-shoulder as if they had known each other for years. 

My heart like that of a prophet began to scan their future as I did my best to draw from the Well of years of Wisdom and Knowledge to help strengthen these young girls’ lives as this cruel world awaits them with burning zeal.

 As a parent with children, life has taught me that every single girl who crosses my path, is my daughter. Would you believe me if I told you that I came here with one daughter and left the university with four girls of my own?

 In Pursuit of a Dream, I dreamed along with these young women as I grilled them on their Educational Pursuits. 

I thank God for Caro, Kim, Rif and Oly, just how receptive they were as my wife and I, gave them some glorious Life Instructions. 

These beautiful young lasses made my heart to melt with hope as they graciously allowed us to stand with them on their Hill of Dreams.

 These Ambitious Young Women have just miraculously joined the four families in Common Pursuit of Praying for our daughters and dream along them as one.

 In Pursuit of a Dream. You have no idea how much you made my heart explode with peace and joy unspeakable. This Day in February 2023 abides forever. 

Lord, if I never live to see Happiness and Determination again: I have seen it in the faces of Caro, Kim, Rif and Oly. 

I have no doubt in my mind that you will make us all proud at your Graduation Day. Turn your Graduation Day into your Resurrected Future.

 In Pursuit of a Dream. Caro, Kim, Rif and Oly. Punish, Separate and Torture yourselves with Books: consider yourselves Dead to the Partying World. 

Your Future is in Your Hands. Come on my Beauties You’ve Got This!

Right to left: Caroline, Kimberly, Rifuwo and Olinda
Poetically Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
© February 11, 2023 
Featured Title Song: Joy Ride
From The Title Album: Night On The Town 
Smooth Jazz Artist: Eric Darius 
© 2004


ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?