LIVING ON THE REVERSE GEAR!

 COMMENTS... 

Even before this narrative I had already discarded about six others complete with verses and selected music. The old self in me always shows up when I'm not truly convinced my heart is in-sync with the Spirit. 

For some unknown reasons I kept this narrative in my delete box, to be considered later either for keeps or delete. Wow, then I listen to it again and instantly changed my mind. 

Sometimes, the fallible being in me shows up and causes me to doubt and ask questions... Why in the world do I bother and do this!

On the flip side of the same coin, it'd be easier for me to just hang up my pen and beat it into oblivion.. But my heart, won't let me be just as ordinary as I'd like to be. 

My heart and soul, all sold up to God! Only God knows why I must bother this world with these Thoughts and Words. 

Hello, it no longer bothers me one iota, if my audience stands aloof and never engages me about all these narratives. I'm nothing but cool bananas knowing for sure: if God is on my side who can be against me? 

Indeed, like the Spirit whispered inside my heart many moons ago.. I am writing for the grandchildren still locked inside the loins of today's 3rd Graders! 

Enjoy.. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Similar Narratives..

 Living In The World Of Fakes

Reality TV Lollipops 


Living On The Reverse Gear!

I guess if all the people on the face of this Earth had the same mind as the Babylonians.. We’d all stick together for life!

In one voice and in one language, this proverbial generation was able to agree on everything. Building stairways to Heaven was the only way to see and meet God!

Some people think God panicked and needed to act fast and intervene for their own safety. These people didn’t have a clue just how far Heaven was from Earth.

If I must tell you the truth, Heaven and Earth are just separated by just one breath away.

You see, our world is inhibited by time and space.. Heaven is limitless and eternal!

Our world is fixed on a constant timed spin, complete with the expiry date but Heaven’s not..

God’s Restricted Zone functions beyond our comprehension. Heaven is eternal.

Living on the reverse gear is harder to comprehend after all the run-around we’ve been through.

In our puny minds time presses on while we give chase to nowhere.

When I was a baby, this world was engulfed by millions feet invading my crawling world.

In my childhood I saw nothing but a crowded environment, no matter where I went.

Living on the reverse gear! From my youth up, my world began emptying.. crowds which used to surround me dwindled drastically.

This contradicts the amount of crowds, onlookers and admirers present when I was born.

Nothing is as deceptive as the world we’re born into.. All the singing and the happy faces make you feel like a celebrity you’re not!.

Living on the reverse gear is what this complicated life is all about! My Boy-World used to be so huge and harder to imagine but today..

Unbelievable but true, we spend the whole nine months in a coiled position inside our mothers womb and spiral out at birth.

Living on the reverse. Incredibly, through the years, we slowly recoil into our foetal position as age sets in.

Take heart of grace, younger thou shalt never be.. the old adage reminds us. Growing old is the reverse of growing up.

It took a great while, over time for me to notice that sadly... while I slept, I had lost my athletic bums which used to turn ladies heads! Damn!

You laughing at me? Nobody told me about this inevitable great loss of my pride.. but my dear old friend did.. the mirror!

Living on the reverse. These are the reasons why some women refuse to rhyme with time and age.. and inject their sagging bums with unforgiving botox.

O what a tragedy! There is no secret formula in all the sciences which can reverse aging.

Even if there was, people would still die every time death knocked on their doors!

It’ll help a great deal for all people to surrender to Mother Nature... allow her to do as she pleases with our bodies.

Living on the reverse, nobody warned me as a young man that growing older is as ugly as aging!

Hello, a baby born just 24 hours ago, is already in this reverse mode.

Babies are born completely wrinkled like real aged folks.

This serves as a warning, we’re born at sunset, grow up through sunrise.. and finally metamorphose into sunset!

Living on the reverse gear. Dying is recoiling into our original foetal position.

The living know they will die one day but the dead know nothing!


The Reverse Narrative Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
© June 28th, 2023
Featured Title Song: License To Chill
From The Title Album: Rock Steady 
Smooth Jazz Artist: Richard Elliott 
© 2010


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT, USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?