HAPPINESS IS A STATE OF MIND!

 

Happiness Is A State Of Mind!

Like bubbles momentarily popping up over relatively quiet waters and so are our thoughts... our moods swing inside positive or negative state of mind.

A feeling is easily let off and ignored just like we discard bothersome thoughts. It takes more than taste to chew!

I still remain baffled and don’t understand why in some mornings I wake up like a warrior ready to go to war.

I just kick the blankets and roar straight ahead like a fearless lion!

And just why is it that more often than not, I find myself so glum and unrelenting to the inviting day outside my windows.

Waking up is no guarantee that one is fully awake and in sync with the beautiful sunshine and embracing blue skies above.

If happiness was a virtue, I believe there’d be nothing out there in the world that can put me down.. no matter what the situation might be!

Hello. Happiness is nothing but just another temporary state of mind. You can only feel however happy for as long as you can! Ouch!

The length of your excitement is as long as the strength of the ecstatic opium released inside your brain.

Feeling happy when there’s no one around to share the same feeling or excitement with...is nothing but emptiness!

I gotta call Suzy or Sam, tell them about how happy I feel today!

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The Apostle Paul didn’t just leave out happiness because he spent most of his life in chains for Christ!

Happiness I repeat, is not a virtue but a momentous drug which suspends our feelings from all the reality around and under our feet!

Happiness is nothing but just another temporary state of mind which suspends our fixation from our depressing environment.

Happiness is nothing but a rented feeling of peace.. For a while after struggling for days suddenly, I find myself in an elevated position where all of life is stacked under my feet.

The prodigal son had the same delirium overriding his common sense, he thought money and power was all he needed.

Looking around and always finding the so-called friends waiting even before he could open his doors in the morning.. gave him the false sense of security!

Happiness is just a state of mind, it’s a delirium produced by deceiving conditions. Once all the money dried up, all the leeches disappeared into darkness. What now?

Generally, we all feel happy and excited to the nines when conditions are favourable and agree with our moods!

This is how you feel by the look of things and everything you hear is music to your ears.

Happiness is a state of mind and very much conditionally subjected to circumstances. You get to decide when to be happy!

The length of your happiness will last directly proportionally to the amount of delirium injected to your veins.

Happiness is a state of mind! You can dance to the tune of your excitement the whole day and night... till all the people around beg you to cool down.

If this crooked world was filled with eight billion happy souls every single day, there’d be no wars to fight.

 While walking down the streets of sadness one day. I had no money and no food nor even friends to call for help!

Hey Syd! I heard God call me. Come over here and look inside this bag I have for you!

Everything you see here carries my Eternal Warranty... You’ll never cry like a lost child again in your life.

Wow! What beautiful fruits in here! I picked me some Love, Joy, Peace and longsuffering.

Wait a minute, I still have room for Gentleness, some Goodness.. I can’t live without it. Faith and Meekness. Gotcha!

I’ll use Temperance for my coat. All the Fruits of the Spirit for me.... Eureka!

 

Mind Delirium Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© August 28th, 2023
Profile Image © Google 
Featured Title Song: Shadow Of Doubt
From The Title Album: Simple Things
Smooth Jazz Artist: Chris Standring
© 2022

DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?