BE THE PERSON YOU FEEL INSIDE!

Be The Person You Feel Inside!

In this strange life of ours every man and woman: conspicuously displays a picture of themselves wherever they go!

Like they say a picture tells a thousand words. People enjoy the privilege of defining you in a thousand contrasting ways.

It is therefore your duty to first and foremost discover the real you on the inside.

Before you waste your breath convincing the world on who you’re not... take care of you!

Believing more in what we see than what we hear is legendary to our childhood!

Who said we stopped being children and acting childish after growing up into maturity?

If growing up had any impact at all, most adult people wouldn’t go around throwing tantrums and making fools of themselves!

O God be praised! What a lovely day I had yesterday after burying my sister in-law Grace!

Meeting one of my mentors now in her early eighties was magic! Wow Miss Sylvia! Still looking so beautiful and strong strengthened my faith in God.

Later on the same day, I ran into another beautiful young woman also in her eighties looking sharp and dressed so immaculately!

Be the person you feel on the inside! I stopped and commended her on her elegant and attractive looks! She smiled and returned a hearty thank you!

What’s wrong with the woman of today, who have no shame strutting around in their sleeping gowns in broad daylight?

If you one of them fools who gallivant around in their night gowns... Please stop and desist from this madness.

Your bedroom is private and sacred space. No one is interested in your trash! Others even go shopping in their sleeping gowns... Heaven help us all!

Before the camera revolution the ancients already had the use of mirrors. Mirrors are as old as man!

This deep desire within us to know how we look  forms the greater part of our mental health!

The connection between our heartbeat and how we really feel deep inside is more real than everything around!

Be the person you feel on the inside! This ain’t no crying wolf nor call beyond duty!

This is just God mandated duty for you to adjust to self before you even step outside your doors!

It’s not worth your while to wait for people’s approval before you can really feel good about yourself.

Hey you, yes you in the opposite direction! My mind is already made up to breathe freely every second of my day today. What you see is what you get!

There ain’t no way I’m going to let strangers trash what I really feel about myself on the inside.

I am the real person I feel on the inside. Things can get worse as they usually do. But nothing can shake me down from my strong tower!

I may not have the power to control what goes around my space since I share this world with everyone who crosses my path.

Hello. I’m not here to correct and fine tune your petty attitude! My duty and all my efforts are geared towards making sure none of your greasy stuff rubs off on me!

Be the person you feel on the inside! Ever found yourself in a happy singing and whistling mood until one devil stepped on your toes and spoiled your beautiful day?

What you gonna do now? Are you going to crawl into your corner and cry till your tears run dry?

Me. I be like... Hey you silly fool get out of my world and space! You’re trespassing and gate-crashing into my peaceful universe!

I’m the only one who’s doing housekeeping around here. I’m responsible for maintaining my peaceful garden!

Be the person you feel on the inside! Dragging my spirit down in the mud by some crazy hillbillies ain’t gonna stick with me!

Whoa! Why is Pikelela so agitated today? Damn. I feel real angry when people fail to sweep around their own front doors and still have the guts to pull others down!

Be the person you feel on the inside! Why do you rely on TD Jakes to motivate and lift you up every day of your life? Don’t you have a heartbeat?

Be the person you feel on the inside! This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

I don’t need no motivational preaching to remind me I’m still alive ! I know I am because God is and leaves!

Knowing and being the person I feel on the inside has helped me keep my sobriety in the midst of heavy life storms!

Look into my eyes!! I’m the real person and the real me! I am the person I am...on the inside!


Be The Person Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© November 5th, 2023
Featured Title Song: Get Em Goin'
From The Title Album: Just feels Right
Smooth Jazz Artist: Euge Groove
© 2005

DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

THROUGH HER EYES!