CLAWING BACK TO LIVING AGAIN!

 A Word Or Two..

I got to write these lines after receiving a distressed voice message from one of my big sisters, Sonto Mabel Mohale. I have too many sisters.

Mabel and I have travelled a long way together, right back when she was my senior manager in my very first job.

My sister was in tears after suffering a lengthy emotional abuse by some members of her family. She was way stressed up in tears of emotional pain

I reached out to her and comforted with the Word of God by way of reminding her.. she needed to cast all her worries and cares upon Jesus. 

I’m glad that my big sister was able to claw back to living again and embraced the Word of God.

Like a spiritual doctor I am. I prescribed for her to read the Book of Psalms in Chapters 60 – 80 for speedy recovery and safety in arms of Jesus

So yes, 100% of this narrative was inspired by Mabel. I am glad and proud to dedicate these lines to her.

Sonto my big sister, here’s to you from the bottom of my heart.

Stay close to God by spending the rest of your life at the foot of the Cross of His Grace.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

God Bless You All.

This is Pikelela Speaking...


Clawing Back To Living Again!

If only you could see the guy today! It’s hard to believe we both watching and talking about the same person.

What happened to all the fanfare and hyped up false appearances of kicking it as it were?

Shame. Poor guy is down and out. And there’s nobody to even lend him a dime.

Life hit him so hard. It took his job, wife, house and car away.

Who can deny the guy is buried under the rabble of hard times?

But this guy? Hello. Did anyone of these career gossipers even care to approach and talk to the guy?

Come on Ritchie, get out of here!

I haven’t seen the guy digging for food in dustbins nor caught stealing!

The guy’s exercising regularly displaying some impressive road workouts.

He’s not emaciated at all.

Take a look at us. We’re loaded and can afford things ordinary guys can’t.

But man. We look bad and out of shape! Look at our guy.

He appears happier than us... guys who can fill three trollies with expensive groceries.

Hello. It is not necessary to eavesdrop and discover what your haters think of you!

Scram!

Today I am strutting around Gossiping Avenue.

Don’t be scared my people this whole story is real!

If the cap fits, wear it!

Clawing back to life and living again has always been my secret weapon against all jaw-breaking lies out there.

It’s easier to be struck by lightning than to catch people gossiping about you!

Oh what a miracle. The last seconds flashed before my blinking eyes confirming...

I am alive and still kicking with all fours!

Stop you coward! Do not kick a man when he’s down.

Only dead people are considered down and under!

The blue sky above my head always reminds me with glee. I am lucky to be alive!

Clawing back to living is what I do every time I inhale and exhale!

I look around to see if any of my anonymous haters are watching the Miracle-Me!

Clawing back to life and to living again as it were!

Anyone out there for some free motivation?

It is foolhardy to be always conscious of your haters instead of pressing ahead to living again.

Look ahead to your horizon!

Surrender your life to God! Be more God conscious than gossip fragile.

Never forget. Your famous and anonymous enemies... are not necessarily the enemies of God.

Back to life and back to living again is the only way of life!

Shun all false rumours and gossips about your life.

People talk all the time...

At home, at work, family even inside places of worship.

Resign yourself to the truth that yours and mine will always be bandied around.

Just keep on moving straight ahead! life’s too short to be worried about too much of nothing!

Clawing Back Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
March 2nd, 2024
Featured Title Song: Given It Up
From The Title Album: Lip Service
Smooth Jazz Artist: Richard Elliott
© 2014
 

DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT, USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FA

Comments

  1. Yes for real now. Mabel my big sister, all the words written in this narrative are floating inside your sad tears! Love you so dearly my Sis!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The author would really appreciate your constructive comments based on how you understood and interpret each poem. Poems can mean different things to different persons and all views can be correct as long as they conform to the contents thereof. This is the beauty of Poetry.

Please Do Not Forget to FOLLOW ME in order to get Instant Notifications When Latest Posts are published.

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?