WALKING BACKWARDS IS STILL A DREAM!

 Walking Backwards Is Still  A Dream!

Now you see me... and now you don’t. 

Playing hide and seek as kids was more real than the world I live in today! 

Once upon a time. 

Hello used to be followed by a hushed up Goodbye. Winking an eye meant get outta here.

Behind every smile glibly hide a thousand frowns. It is no use to hide what others cannot see or feel.

What happened to the world of my yesteryears?

If only my thoughts would wait and give me enough time to decide. After all, the cost of living is more expensive than life itself.

They say a picture tells a thousand words but no one can number the endless colours of our sad life.

Walking backwards is still a Dream. Our Present Day owes its meaning to the Past.

History wouldn’t be history without us: the Present of Today ... we are here to remember it all.

Like the Weather and Time, History has a mind of its own.

Walking backwards is still a Dream, otherwise some memories would not hurt so much.

I believe most people would really mind their steps if walking backwards was authorised by God.

But alas, it ain’t no use opining upon what could or should have been.

Like a wise jackal, I would need a 48hr day in order to fit my whole plan for each passing day.

Buy hey, walking backwards is still a Dream. Didn’t anyone tell you about this! I know it still is.

Walking backwards is still a Dream!

Many years ago as a young man, I was sitting in the back of a van waiting for my accomplices to return from the shop.

When suddenly, a beautiful young woman walked past. She smiled so sweetly at me. I was smitten!

Jumping out of the van and pursuing her would have meant walking back home in a hot 15km.

Even back then... Walking backwards was still a Dream.

Subsequently, I spent days, months and years still thinking about what could have been: had I have the audacity to walk back home on foot.

Hello. Life is a silly goose chase. 

We spend a lifetime shadow-boxing and fighting our invisible demons inside this endless dark tunnel to nowhere.

Walking backwards is still a Dream. 

Imagine if you could have all the power to reverse your thoughts, words and footprints!

Life is a mystery and no one knows the meaning thereof. 

Walking backwards is still a Dream.

Rolling back my past moons, sunshine and rains... should yield enough energy for me to live another hundred years.

Walking backwards is still a Dream.

Appearances can be very deceiving sometimes. I walk freely down the streets without visible baggage but inwardly...

I carry mixed bags of my Past and Present emotions. 

Dissipated smiles, frozen anger and some bloody red eyes of vengeance.

Walking backwards is still a Dream.

Even prisoners... hardened criminals condemned to life... 

Still dream of being pardoned and freed one day.

Come on now!

Walking backwards is still a Dream.

Pick yourself up and walk like a hero you’ve always been.

Walk back your sad eyes of pain. Look up towards the heavens and dream along with Mother Nature.

Be part of the Four Seasons.

Sometimes you go through hot and rainy Summer and ultimately... you dress up in Winter cold.

Walking backwards is still a Dream.

Spring and Autumn only serve as our reminder to prepare. 

Get ready to dive into another season.

Are you coming with me? 

Here. Take my hand and let’s beat the odds together!


Written Backwardly By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
© April 22nd, 2024
Image © Google, iStock
Featured Song: Shine
From The Title Album: Jazz Collection 
Cool Jazz Artist: Paul Hardcastle
© 2018


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?