EVEN NOW!


 Even Now!

It is hard to imagine that only yesterday of yesteryears, this boy was worth just a few kilos and a fully brained skull with no memories.

I once had nothing to give to this world except for my hungry mouth to be fed after I had belched out the loudest screams.

Anything around me was everything made from nothing which left my empty mind with thoughtless imaginations.

My point of view always stretched from my tummy to my brain... everything else did not matter that much.

Having a full stomach became the highlight of my every day. Give me food or leave me alone.

Even now.

As I look back after all these years... I still wonder and try to imagine how I spent my typical baby days.

Truly, as the Lord lived. I can say, for now.... that my baby days were the most carefree years of my life.

When I was a baby.

I did not care how I looked and had no qualms about what other people thought of me.

Babies are the happiest creatures in the world.

When babies meet the first time... there are no intros or bother about identifying others by name.

Babies always meet with hugs and kisses... there are no strangers in this world. Everybody is family in our world.

Babies always see themselves in each other's face. Why do you think babies giggle and laugh so much?

Those were the days my friend.

Even now.

As I sit down with my thoughts, it is hard to imagine myself as I am... without seeing all these other faces crowding my mirror.

There is no longer me alone in this life and this world of pain and sorrows.

My footpaths were spoiled by other people crossing my way... there was no other way to ignore their presence.

Would I have remained sincere and honest had no other human bothered me and messed up my world?

Even now.

I keep thinking to myself... only if I did this and that in a unique way... when life threw everything to my face.

All these whataboutism and what ifs.

Life is an epic adventure to nowhere.

All the sweats and tears of endless expeditions ending up without any notable discoveries.

Even now.

After all these endless journeys.... betimes, I have had to crawl, climb, swim, or sink just to end with eggs on my face.

Life is life knowing that your heartbeat is still within you. 

I spend all my life trying to catch and gather all my scattered thoughts.

Even now.

I still believe my life would have been better than what it is... only if I knew for sure, nobody would lay any claim or liability from my existence.

Once upon my time. I was born inside a crowded house... so full of people it was even harder to crawl around without somebody stepping over my tiny fingers.

What happened to my yesterday? What devoured all the citizens of my yester world.

I follow the sunrise in the morning... from East to West into my evening.

Even now.

As I sit in this chair daily... I still cannot see even a shadowy figure rising from my horizon... walking towards my direction.

Hey Barney... someone called in yesterday looking for you! I gather he said you grew up in the same neighbourhood.

Even now.

I believe all my days of miracles have been diminished inside my sunsets.

I live, walk, and stay in my own private world... complete with its own skies, rivers, sea, mountains, and valleys.

No one else can see my world but me alone.

Even now.

As I write these thoughts looking at another sunset, I know my world today will always be stronger than all my yesterdays.


Even Now Surreptitiously Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
© June 13th, 2024
Featured Title Song: This Way, That Way
From The Title Album: Diamonds
Smooth Jazz Artist: Jonathan Fritzen 
© 2010


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT, USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

THROUGH HER EYES!