ONE DAY!

 


One Day!

Something there is out there... it’s been up to no good. It can’t be true or possible that someone could steal my horizons.

Last night while walking under the street lights. 

I noticed my shadows were missing alongside the group of pedestrians walking under the same spotlights.

I could see other people’s, cars and buildings around... but mine were missing in action.

What’s wrong with me and just what sparked all this unnerving observation? 

I thought that flies and insects were much bothersome to me until this.

Is it my mind playing games on me or just me walking through my dreams.

Is it even possible for me to breakthrough the cobweb of my dreams and continue straight through into the daylight?

I don’t know what it is but I am going to find out soon and extract this bug which wormed its way into my brain. 

One day, just one day...  I am going to tear all these walls down. I lost my horizon and spent my life staring up the skies.

Life O life... what a dread! 

I have had to make pitstops at all these many stations. I lost count and cannot walk back my steps.

One day, just one day... I kept saying this. Until I hypnotized myself to sleep like a baby dancing with his toes .

What must I do with all these walls of my past except to tear them down with every strength of my heart.

My forlorn world has shrunken into the size of my room. I cannot throw the line of my thoughts beyond these haunting walls.

While waking up from another one of these bothersome nights.... I believe I heard my heart whisper to my soul.

Hey buddy. 

Why don’t you just look around and start counting your lucky stars?

Is there someone around your table? 

Please start making sense of what God has given you and stop tearing up over spilt milk.

Wow. One day.... this is the very day when like a giant waking up from a deep sleep...

I started tearing down these invisible walls of regrets and what if.

O God. Look at the beautiful day smiling at me outside the window!

Sometimes. 

I just like throwing words around... as in a puzzle or a crossword. 

It is really up to you to make sense of all these scrambled words.

Rest assured. 

It don’t matter who you are and what qualifications follow your name. 

One day. 

If you apply your mind and engage yourself within the glossary of my words....

Who knows?

You might as well crack up the code. 

If you can achieve this while I’m still breathing... I’m available to answer all the resultant questions creeping from your fabulousness!

One day is today ... this morning!

I finally tore down these invisible walls enclaving my heart with bitterness.

God didn’t give us herbs to cure our hearts and souls.

Alternatively.

His Word can break the most powerful emotional chains.

One day.

As I continue to sit on this dock of bay.

One day... My ship will sail and join the fleet of life into the aqueous world of endless ocean!


One Day Abstract Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
© May 30th, 2024
Featured Title Song: Vibe With Me
From The Title Album: Goin' All Out
Smooth Jazz Artist: Eric Darius 
© 2008


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

THROUGH HER EYES!