ONE PAGE A DAY!

 


One Page A Day!

If I spent my life following and chasing  shadows of other people… 

I’ll be damned when God demands I give account for my days on Earth.

Light, action and camera… 

is all it takes for the day to roll forward, and you are good as gone.

Life is a journey of one soul inside this crowded world. 

Every single person who crosses your path leaves a clue… 

For you to connect the dots and visualize whatever lies ahead.

Things left behind don’t necessarily become your history… 

but instead haunt your memories as missed opportunities.

I keep thinking to myself…

and yet my thoughts keep retracing the steps already taken.

Every single day comes like the rolling fast cloud… 

like the good wave we must hold onto during rough tidal waves.

If only… I was forearmed right early in my childhood.. 

for whatever challenge life throws at me.

Unfortunately. 

Life is learned and experienced in real time. 

You rise and fall as you struggle all the way to nowhere.

Every second and minute you spend breathing accumulates into your dread… pain and sorrows!

One page a day…

is always one day late leaving us wiser… there are no future guarantees.

One page a day…

the sum of all the steps I take into whatever direction.

Always remember.

This clock of life keeps on ticking even if you spent your whole day lying on your back…. doing nothing.

Time waits for no one… and so are the days of our lives.

They just keep rolling forward with or without you. The reasons why time always leads.

One page a day. 

Is it not frightening just how we frantically try to catch up with time?

Since the dawn of day.  

No man in the history of humankind has ever caught up with time.

It’s impossible for a man to be in sync with time because time is God.

One page a day is your sunset and sunrise… 

You flip another page every morning you open your eyes.

One page for sunrise… our day. 

And another page for our sunset as we sleep at night.

Dreaming is the flip side of the same page…. wasted in the past twelve hours of the same day.

Our tired bodies need to reset and get ready for yet another dread… another day.

Dreaming would be ideal if it offered a chance to right all the wrong steps taken.

One page a day… the rhythm of life. 

We fine tune our day into whatever harmony we wish to play for the day.

Life is music for the soul… strings playing out are responsible for your healing or depression.

O God…Here I am.

Still caught up at the crossroads of my life.

After all these years of rise and fall…. 

I still can’t get it… and make sense of what this crazy life is all about.

One page a day. 

If God offered me the rare chance of writing my own obituary… 

just one final page of my life.

What words of wisdom would I leave for my generation? 

Would there be any substance left… and posterity for future generations?

It is always hard to talk about myself as if I were standing in front of a judge.

One page a day. 

Other people who shared moments with me are better placed to tell my life story than I could.

One day and one final second of my life… and going down for the last time.

I will just close my eyes with a heavenly smile and give the world back to God.

One page a day will be one final day and once upon the life of this man.

Dear children of mine.

Please do not cry and shed tears for me… this man is not dead.

His world like the dead stars… just ran out of its shine.

My world: my sunrises and sunsets… until the Judgement Day!

One page a day 

Please locate my star in the cosmos of galaxies!

I will be right up there…. 

every day of your one day.


Poetic Lyrics Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
© June 5th, 2024
Featured Title Song: Gentle Sands 
From The Title Album: Walls Of Akendora
Smooth Jazz Artist: Keiko Matsui 
© 2004


DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT, USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

THROUGH HER EYES!