DEAR HEART...

 

Dear Heart!

Looking back over my shoulders, it is hard to believe that this ship... my body, has been kept afloat off the ground: all these years by one superhero... the size of my fist.

You give a different meaning to the saying... the first shall be the last and the last... the first!

Yours, is a perfect circle which started to circulate from inside the circumference of my being.

I owe my whole life to your continuous uninterrupted calculus beating... sustaining my precarious life… way beyond my horizons.

Dear Heart.

I know and even plead guilty before my charge sheet is read before the Heavenly Council... that often, I have negated my duties of appreciation for your supreme role in my life.

It is extremely easy for my mind to be arrogant and proud... and continues to march on without regarding the roots of this self-propelled body.

Without you my heart... there is not now and then. There is not today, no tomorrow or the future.

Dear Heart.

I am what I am today... because of your constant supplies of these my vestiges of life. You are the center of my universe.

I breathe, smell, feel, sense, hear and see through the rivers of life propelled by my dear heart.

I have no words to express my pure joy way deep from my innermost being… how grateful I am for you my dear heart… to take me through all these incredible places I have been.

You taught me to appreciate life and all life around the perimeters of my own universe I inherited from the issues of life you give.

Dear Heart.

Without you in my life… there is no daylight, no sun, moon, and stars. There is no sky above my head, and I dare say… not even the cosmos.

Sometimes, I wonder how you keep the symphony of my body members in perfect harmony… through day and night without a let-up.

How fascinating it is for me… to be able to grasp the fact that, you, my dear heart started beating for my existence inside my mother’s womb while I was nothing but… just a blob of mucous.

Dear Heart.

Every limb in my body wears out thin and gets tired… cries and yearns for a rest but you?

After all these decades of my life, you have been beating nonstop without taking a nano-second time off to draw out a breath and detox.

Dear Heart.

If there was a way for me, to contort and twist my body flexible enough to embrace you… I would do it every single day of my life.

Given, and each time I fear for the worst… I tremble every second I feel a striking pain crawling closer to your cage. My dearest loving hands reach out and begin to gently caress the affected area with utmost care.

I believe I can survive most blows directed anywhere around my body except closer to my dearest heart.

Dear Heart.

You have never left me alone even the day before I was weaned off my mother’s breasts… you continued to breathe and bled life into my world. My lungs, your closest friends… can relate to what I am saying.

Dear Heart,

Like every person, I have tried my best to live with all people and to find love like normal person would.

Everyone who has been a part of my life… have packed up their goods and left my camp forever… who needs people when there is you my dear heart to keep and give me good company.

Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life… my Bible tells me this truth.

Like the ocean which supplies water to all the rivers in the world for the heavens to pour down rains for the survival of man, animals, and plants.

Dear heart... you remain the ocean of my universe if I breathe.

In this life, no one is closer to my life than you! People, like the seasons… come and go as they please. Most will never return to the day I die.

Dear Heart,

My world remains forever green because you stand by my side.

I need my heartbeats more than food, silver, and gold in this cruel world.

I am glad to be cuddling with you… every time the entire world has forgotten about me!

God wound and set the clock of my life even before you started beating.

You wear time around you like a cloak. Is it any wonder why all your beats are synchronized with every ticking second of the universe.

My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue.

Dear Heart,

Thank you for allowing me to say all these words as a memorial for my heartbeat...
 
Heartily Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© August 25th, 2024
Featured Title Song: Distant Mountains
From The Title Albums: Love Birds
Smooth Jazz Artist: Jonathan Fritzen
© 2008
 

DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

THROUGH HER EYES!