ME AGAINST THE WORLD!

 

Me Against The World!

We all live in the world of unreasonable expectations, endless innuendos and projections of lies!

What you see isn’t always what you get! With the AI taking over, it’ll be almost impossible to tell the real from the fake.

For others in order to survive, squeezing themselves inside the behavioural mould configured by the rich and the powerful.. is the only way!

For the defiant, standing on their chosen principles and remaining steadfast in their commitment to justice, equity and peace... is their passion!

It’s me against the world when it comes to personal choices. I find it hard and impossible to keep my life and attitude in line with over 8 billion souls in this world.

I can’t imagine myself twisting and imitating everybody in the name of class and conformity.

My life down here is limited 100% to my heartbeat!

It was my sunrise when I breathed for the very first time and will be my sunset when I breathe my last!

Life is too fragile for me to waste chasing shadows of other people!

God is my first and last. I owe no man nothing. It’s me against the world.

Hello. I’m not looking for love or to be loved by some snobbish crazy individuals.

I love me myself and I... more than I care for anyone else!

Hey, don’t be selfish now! There can be no me without my life and this heartbeat which keeps me going.

People change like the weather. They’ll love you to bits today and hate you like hell at a drop of a hat.

I still remember when my phone used to ring nonstop into the midnight hour!

It’s me against the world. What happened to all my yesterdays?

Why I keep seeing backs turned against me every time I look over my shoulders...

Only just yesterday and once in a while, I used to walk in the same direction with all  these people.

Is there some way I can scrub off all these images painted all over my timeline?

It’d give me great pleasure at the end of my day... to see myself just as I was at birth!

I’d really love to empty my brain from these haunting images!

O foolish man I am for even thinking this way. My life began as an empty and clean scroll ready to record every single day of my life.

It’s me against the world! I guess there’s nothing I can do to rewrite my regrettable past. I’m just a tiny piece of history from yesteryears.

I owe my very existence to Time. It was Time which provided space and cosy environment for my conception to take place!

There can never be any moment in this miserable life outside the ambit of Time.

There’s nothing more precious in my life than these moments where I continue to breathe.

It’s me against the world. For real now. I don’t have any wise words of wisdom I can impart in you!

This world if you asked me. This world is as big as my mind and memories can stretch backwards.

The world to me is what I’ve seen, heard, been through and done. From this current point onwards, I can’t say..

I hate wasting people’s precious time... acting like a professor or a philosopher I’m not.

The world is one gigantic theatre of dreams for all who dare to explore her

It’s me against the world. Here’s to You. From the bottom of my heart...

Thank you for borrowing me your priceless four minute plus!

Who and what am I. That’s up to the world to define after my transition.

Me Against The World Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© October 28th, 2023
Featured Title Song: No Two Ways About It
From The Title Album: Simple Things
Smooth Jazz Artist: Chris Standing
© 2022

DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

SO, YOU THINK YOU HAVE A COVENANT WITH GOD?