THE CHASE!


The Chase!

Before I was a boy… I was a child. And before I was a child… I was a baby!

Before I became a baby, I was nothing but just a blob of blood which came out of my father’s seed.

And before…

Oh no!

Stop it! We get it.

You do?

Thank God.

I just found myself a running mate in you!

So, come on and let us go!

Did you know that life starts with a circle and runs to nowhere?

Did you ever notice how difficult it is to predict the present moment?

Do you mean as of now?

Yes, now.

Also notice that… Now and then are two separate time events.

It is easier for us to relate to the past we know and the future we do not know… than the present!

The chase begins long before the impact of conception… our race to life.

The chase is the rhythm of life.

Life will not leave us alone to do our preferred business than to waste our breaths in this endless labyrinth to nowhere.

Like the plant as described by Jesus.

For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself. First the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.

Believe it or not.

Humans are no different to genetic plants which come into existence through seeds.

The chase took place and started way back in a different world.

The dancing egg promised to morph into one being... with the fastest sperm soldier.

Well, if you are looking for evidence of this epic race to life...

I am the evidence of that race which took place inside my mother’s womb decades ago.

I remember so vividly even without a brain then.

I stood focused and determined to outrun some five hundred million sperm soldiers...

The Chase.

I am that chase and will be till I breathe my last into my grave.

Hello.

I got delivered from my mother’s womb into another when I was born into the world.

Without this epic chase to life... I wouldn’t have been imbued with the image of God.

I do not exist

I am the chase in the mind of the Almighty...

Yearning to be born into the Hereafter... the Everlasting life with God... when I die one day.

The chase.

Catch me if you can!

And so, it was before I was conceived... but now.

Oh God.

Only if I could make it to The Finish Line in this Eternal Chase into the Everlasting arms of God.

The chase.

Born naked into this world and will leave naked as I came.

Yes, true that.

If you talk about winning after the order of the world.

The chase ends with the grave, but man marches yonder into the Hereafter.

Where God will demand receipts for every breath taken under the sun.

The chase.

Show me your wounds and scars of your faith...

Jesus will demand this ticket on the Judgement Day.

What shall your answer be?

The chase.

Keep on running in this endless labyrinth to nowhere.

Keep on getting more of the same in your futile attempt to satiate your never-ending thirst!

The chase... while you breathe.

It is God chasing after you... pleading for you to come back Home!

Hurry back.

The Chase Written By: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa
© July 10th, 2024
Featured Title Song: Caught Me By Surprise
From The Title Album: Echoes Of The Heart
Smooth Jazz Artist: Vincent Ingala
© 2020


 DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

THROUGH HER EYES!