LOOKING BACK!

 Looking Back!

Life, O life... Why are you so divisive? Why do you keep on pledging a better tomorrow with every sunrise?

Why do you always promise a brighter future at every sunset camouflaged as the affirming smiling full moon?

After all these decades, I have yet to live; to see a day where I could realize all my forward steps in real time.

It’s hard to be precise and accurately put my best foot forward when Time aggressively ticks away with each breath I take.

Would my life as a human being be better off if I had a swivel neck like an owl?

Would it matter still if I continued my journey with my eyes forever fixated on all the wrong steps already taken.

Looking back is nothing but the metaphor of what our lives could have been if Heaven had granted all our fairy-tale wishes.

Looking back over my shoulders... is the only thing I know in this life!

Life Is a mystery wrapped up in the inescapable trappings in our lives which nobody will ever get to understand right to the grave.

Just like I did not have any consciousness of being when I was born into this world... there will be none when I close my eyes and gasp my last.

Looking back was never enough even for a man who was after the heart of God!

What is man that thou art mindful of him?

Cried David, the man who was more popular to God than Adam!

Perhaps you are one of them fools who thinks that owning all the silver and gold in the world... is the ultimate, the apex of success in this life!

Looking back is what life is all about.

Hello. Hear this...

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?

One generation passes away, and another generation comes: but the earth abides for ever.

The sun also arises and the sun goes down, and hastens to his place where he arose.

Looking back is all I know about this life living inside this congested world.

Growing up is growing old... I keep repeating these words and nobody hears what I am saying.

Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

If life and time baffled even the wisest man to have walked upon this earth... Solomon.

Who am I to say? Is there anything wiser than Solomon and all the wisest men who lived thousands of years before my time?

Looking back are the only corners of my shoulders which reflect back my common sense... this world I live in, is as wide as my shoulders.

At birth, I became the latest new thing in this life of the wise Solomon.

I have spent my whole life looking back over my shoulders hoping to see the tail of my rainbow, to no avail!

No matter what I do, life keeps on dragging my attention to my yesterday.

If yesterday and yesteryear are all cast and spent as in yesterday... why cannot my past leave me alone?

Looking back.... It is already hard enough to concentrate on the days ahead while my past keeps on gnawing into my brain like cancer.

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Only God Above... knows all about all my struggles this side of Heaven.

Looking back, after all these years.

Like the caring mother hen for her cheeks...

I keep on scraping for wisdom and knowledge hoping to find something worth running for!

I tried to make friends with people from all walks of life... I did my best to put a smile on sad faces, but people?

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

This tired old heart of mine, is now forever yielded to God... for God to see me through my finish line.

This life is all about one man...  Me, myself and I.

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Looking back... the only way forward!

Looking Back Nostalgia: Sydney Pikelela Gutyungwa 
Featured Title Song: It Is What It Is 
From The Title Album: North End Soul
Smooth Jazz Artist: Vincent Ingala 
© 2010

DISCLAIMER

ALL COPYRIGHTED MUSIC VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOG ARE NOT MONETIZED BUT USED ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT AND ENHANCE READING: POEMS, ESSAYS AND NARRATIVES OF THE AUTHOR. I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC COPYRIGHT: ALL VIDEOS ARE USED WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE ARTISTS IN FAIR USE MANNER!







 
 
 
 
 







 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BABY.... SHE'S ALL I GOT!

IN PURSUIT OF A DREAM!

THROUGH HER EYES!